An 18th birthday is undoubtedly one the most important and memorable birthdays your teenager will ever have. Your teen might be graduating high school and going on to college so you have to make her proud by throwing her an 18th birthday bash with her high school friends before moving on to the next stage of her life. For the best ever party, below are some 18th birthday party ideas.
- Make sure to plan ahead and set the budget. You should also allocate the budget on different categories like food, party decorations, entertainment, and drinks among others. While it is very easy to get caught up in the multitude of party ideas out there, keep in mind that prioritizing is key so you won’t go over budget, but still throw your teen a memorable night.
- A practical way to stretch your budget is to limit the number of invited guests. Assuming that you are not throwing a surprise 18th birthday party, you can tell your teenager the number of guests that can be accommodated so that she can choose which people to invite.
- If you feel that party invitations are necessary, consider sending digital, but still elegant invitations, via email, text blast, or by creating an event page in social networking sites. You can delegate this task to your teen.
- If your budget will allow for it, consider renting a modest party venue that can accommodate the guests. Otherwise, use your house or ask a dear friend or relative if you can hold the party there for a couple of hours; that is if the party does not include party foam and other messy party gimmicks.
- Keep the party decorations to a minimum. One way to save on money is to have your teen think of a simple party theme so deciding on the specific décor you need to buy will be easier.
- Prepare food and drinks that your teen and her friends will surely love since you’ll save a ton of money if you don’t hire a caterer. This usually includes pizza, pasta, burgers, tacos, chips, and a selection of sodas, juices, and other party drinks.
- Have your teen decide on the entertainment. You can set aside a space inside or outside your house for a small dance floor, karaoke, a band, or a combination of these affordable entertainment options.
As you can see, planning an 18th birthday doesn’t have to be daunting and expensive. All it takes is smart planning and a little creativity.